Saturday, March 28, 2009

FASFA and breadsticks

This past week I received a letter informing me that I had been randomly selected to comprehensively verify my FASFA. Yay! me. Thankfully, the information that they required was not too extensive or too difficult to locate. But it still required extra information. A friend reminded me that I should be very grateful that I don't have to worry about lying on my application.

Yesterday evening, I bought pizza for Vanessa (one of my new sisters) and me to share for the weekend, and I witnessed a rather ridiculous dissatisfied customer at Valentinos.

While I was waiting for my pizza, a rather heavy set man came in and picked up his order. After being given the order, he asked the cashier whether the breadsticks were round discs, or whether they were square. She responded that they were the square ones. This infurriated the man, and he demanded that he be given the round breadsticks. Frightened, the cashier called the manager. The man calmed down some, and explained that he had lived next to a vals in Lincoln, and that every other one he visited had the round breadsticks. The manager suggested that he be given a gift card for $5. But the man would have none of that, and this went on for awhile until he finally agreed to be given $5 off on his second pizza.

After witnessing this experience. I began to think of the ways in which I am very set in my ways and wouldn't budge. Since I am one that usually embraces change, this become quite a mystery to me. One thing I have noticed over the years is that I have very strict guidelines for writing papers and essays. The grammer, the sentence structure, and overall appearence must be a certain way before I can accept it. This can be good, but it also can be bad especially if I am using my "perfect" method to correct and critique others. This is definitely one area in which I need to be humbled.

Various sin patterns that I have would definitely be more important than document formatting. Such as my pride, the idols in my life, and selfishness. These are things that I am not always willing to let go of. There are times when I don't even realize that they exist. These are the times when our Lord's help is absolutely essential.

Well I have a history test to complete, and a couple more testes to study for, so I hope you all have a happy Saturday!

P.S. So far my blog readers is less than or equal to zero. That is fine with me. My ramblings are prolly not interesting enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how we as a society are so hooked onto electronics. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.


I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Societal concerns aside... I just hope that as memory becomes less expensive, the possibility of uploading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I dream about almost every day.


(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://kwstar88.insanejournal.com/397.html]R4i SDHC[/url] DS ZKwa)

Unknown said...

Really Anonymous?? I think it will be a long time, if ever, that technology allows us to export memories onto a digital medium.

The human brain is incredibly complex and interpreting the data digitally won't happen for a long time.

That is my opinion anyway...